Spring Recital Information:
Sunday, June 11th 2017 - 2:00pm
Gessler Hall (Room 116) at the UBC School of Music
Refreshments to Follow
Students have the opportunity to participate in this FUN and FRIENDLY recital experience! Repertoire will be selected by Julia with each student. It is optional for Piano Students to memorize their piece. Voice Students are strongly encouraged to memorize their song. Students are welcome to dress up a bit, but ultimately, please have them wear something in which they are comfortable to sing or play.
Participation Fees (Due May 29th):
Cost for Piano Students: $20
Cost for Voice Students: $30
Admission for Guests: Free with RSVP
Voice Students must arrive at 1:00pm in order to rehearse their song with the pianist.
Piano Students should arrive no later than 1:45pm in order to have an introduction to the space and the piano they will get to play.
Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children during the entirety of the event.
- Students and parents are reminded to be respectful of others during their performances. This means keeping noise and movement to a minimum. If you need to talk, exit, or re-enter, please aim to do so between performances.
- If you know someone's song, please do not hum or sing along to it. This is not only rude, but it will also disturb the performer.
- If you need to withdraw from the recital, seven days' notice is required for a refund of the participation fee.
- Parents are encouraged to photograph or video their own child/children's performances, and are asked to respectfully refrain from photographing or recording other students.
Location & Parking:
- Gessler Hall (Room 116) in the UBC School of Music located at 6361 Memorial Road, UBC
- Fraser Parkade, UBC School of Music Lot, or you may be able to find free parking on Marine Drive
- West Mall and Memorial Road is the nearest intersection to the recital venue which is located with pedestrian access